Ariel Gore’s School for Wayward Writers Presents
The WitchFest Writing Retreat in Santa Fe, New Mexico
October 5-9, 2017
Affordable Sliding Scale
Join Us For . . .
• Narrative Resistance Writing Workshops with Ariel Gore: We’ll formally meet for two 2-hour workshops where we’ll generate new work, experiment with genre and structure, take writing we’ve already drafted or new writing through thought-provoking revision stations, and break ourselves out of any worn-out limits. Bring something you’ve been working on or just show up with your computer–or pen and paper.
• Publishing Skillshare with Rad Dad publisher and Indie-press author Tomas Moniz: A conversation / skillsharing discussion on the pros and cons of DIY publishing versus indie press publishing, book tour experiences, and marketing. Come ready to share your thoughts as well.
• Chef-prepared traditional New Mexican family dinner (Yes, there will be green chile apple pie.)
• ABQ Zine Fest — with optional space at the Wayward Writers exhibitor table — bring your zines and books!
• We Were Witches book launch & Wayward Writers reading in Santa Fe and/or Albuquerque.
SLIDING SCALE $45 – $175
Includes writing workshops, publishing skillshare, chef’s family dinner, and space at the Wayward Writer’s table at the ABQ Zine Fest. Pay whatever you like or whatever you can.
Just click “donate” and input the amount you’ll pay. Don’t be shy. All are welcome.
Accommodations & transportation not provided, but we’ll figure out carpools, etc., to everything.
Workshops & dinner will take place on Osage Avenue near Frenchy’s Park.
* Scheduling details subject to change. Full schedule will be posted in late July. Email arielfiona at gmail dot com with any questions.
If you’re flying into Albuquerque, we recommend making a reservation on the Sandia Shuttle, renting a car, arranging with other participants to share a rental car, or catching the RailRunner train from Albuquerque to Santa Fe (train runs on a limited commuter schedule.)
We recommend planning to arrive in New Mexico by Thursday evening. Retreat activities begin on Friday and go through Monday morning.
Recommended lodging for those with a car—let’s take over this place. The housekeeper/handylady is a badass local artist: Suitable Digs